Looking to boost your daily intake of Fruits and Veggies? It isn’t as hard as you might think. By adding these little gems to everyday dishes you can boost your intake of many Vitamins and Minerals as well as Fiber.
Here are 10 ways to add more to your diet!
1. Top off your oatmeal or cereal with some fresh fruit! Berries are the perfect addition!
2. Make a smoothie. Combining fruits and vegetables in a smoothie can help you get several servings in one! Check on my Mean Green Smoothie posted here: https://rubyandpearls.wordpress.com/2014/05/08/mean-green-fuel-for-the-machine/
3. Stir Fry! Cook up a variety of veggies (I love bell pepper, squash, snap peas and carrots) with some olive oil.
4. Grilled Kabobs. Alternate veggies with lean chicken, beef or pork (or go vegetarian) and toss it on the grill.
5. Make a veggie scramble. Dice up veggies and mix with eggs, I love the combo of spinach, onion and tomato.
6. Mix them into sauces. Making spaghetti for dinner? Throw a few cups of chopped kale or spinach into the sauce.
7. Top your toast! Skip the jam or butter, spread a thin layer of natural peanut butter and top with sliced strawberries, raspberries or blueberries…yum!
8. Take a snack break. Munch on sliced carrots, celery, broccoli or cauliflower dipped in hummus.
9. Make a tasty salad. Try using spinach or mixed greens (2 cups=1 vegetable serving), add sliced berries, almonds or walnuts and a little goat cheese. Top with a homemade vinaigrette, such as the one shown here: https://rubyandpearls.wordpress.com/2014/05/15/summer-savvy-nutrition/
10. Fruit Salad. Skip the dessert, slice up fresh fruit such as peaches, berries and melon and mix together! Maybe even top with a dollop of whipped cream 🙂